background

Saturday, July 9, 2016

The beach is on my mind...

Next Saturday I will be hitting the road with my family to head to OC, MD.  I will be riding down with the three other people in my little immediate family, but when we arrive will be sitting in the sand with my parents, brothers, Grandmother, Aunts, Uncles, and cousins.  I'm really looking forward to it.

Needless to say my thoughts were on the vacation when I made these two cards.


This first card was made using ink pads on a splat mat with water to make the blue watercolor background and then again to make the sand colored background.  Then stamped the castle in black ink on the sand background and fussy cut around it.  Next, I stamped the small beachy images on white cardstock with black and embossed them.  I colored these in with Bic Mark It pens, put a layer of Wink of Stella on them and popped them up with CTMH foam tape.  The stamp set is also from CTMH and is called Beach life.






This second card is a Z-fold.  I used a white card base, A2 sized.  I scored the front panel at 2.75" and folded it back on itself.  Then I used a ranger ink blending tool to apply Sky ink and then Sapphire ink, both from CTMH. 
 I cut a piece of white cardstock at 2" x 11" and applied Creme Brulee ink direct to paper.  I scored it at 2.75" and again at 5.5" so that it would match the scoring pattern of the cardbase.  I then cut a random curvy border and adhered it over the cardbase with the blue ink blending.  
Next I stamped the sentiment in black ink.  I took a scrap piece of white cardstock and stamped all of the images in black pigment (except for the crab) and embossed them.  I stamped the crab in holiday red ink.  
I then colored each image with Bic Mark It markers and fussy cut them out.  I applied CTMH foam tape the back of each one and adhered them to the card.  This card uses both Beach life and Beach days stamp sets from CTMH.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Addie, I stumbled across some of your artwork on a google search. Very nice work!
    Love your Beach Life card!

    ReplyDelete